Safety, Health & Environment is the constant concern of GSECL. In the process of generation of electricity, GSECL is committed in achieving excellence through Safe, Healthy & clean Environment and providing green power.
To achieve the objective, GSECL shall:
- Adopt state of the art environment friendly technology to ensure Safe and Healthy working environment with minimum impact of its activities on environment.
- Adopt all measures to prevent injuries / accidents to employees and damage to the property.
- Take all practicable steps to assess Risk & Safety, Health and Environmental Status periodically for creating awareness amongst all employees and public through trained personnel.
- Continually improve its performance by setting objectives and targets to improve the safety & Health, to prevent / minimize pollution and to conserve natural resources.
- Provide appropriate information on "SHE" policy to the concerned authorities and to ensure that the policy is understood, implemented and maintained by employees at all levels with the employees' organization.
- Comply with all the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
The company has carried out safety audit of all the power stations through competent auditors like National Safety Council. Company has also achieved OHSAS 180001:2007 certification.